Zenysis is a technology company dedicated to building the powerful, collaborative software that governments and international organizations need to confront some of the greatest challenges facing humanity. Countries are using our platform to deliver lifesaving resources to millions in need, track the spread of infectious diseases, and oversee the distribution of vaccines to dramatically decrease death from preventable diseases and more.
We are engineers, designers, data scientists, diplomats, and public health experts, and we are on the side of those in greatest need around the world.
We’re well funded, growing sustainably, and are run by founders with consistent track records of success. As a global company, diversity of identity and experience is both a moral and business imperative.
User Engagement Specialist
Our User Engagement Specialists are members of our Project Delivery Team. They are focused on our customers’ analytical and technical needs, ensuring that they have everything they need to successfully leverage our product for critical time-sensitive decision making. At Zenysis, roles aren’t defined by narrowly scoped duties. Our User Engagement Specialists take full responsibility for our customers’ experience: they collaborate closely with high-level decision makers, explore potential analyses, develop and deliver trainings, scope information products, collaborate with project managers and our engineering team, and ensure that all aspects of implementation run smoothly. As a User Engagement Specialist, you’ll ensure that our mission to empower nations and save lives is baked into the heart of every deployment. Responsibilities:
- Work closely with users on the ground to understand their needs with compassion, define technical requirements, and provide product support and trainings.
- Identify strategic initiatives and opportunities for expansion of our deployments
- Gather user needs and feedback and communicate them proactively to our product team
- Identify the levers for impact, new training strategies, hypotheses and iterations as it takes to drive them forward
- Prepare and deliver capacity building sessions that range for one-on-one in depth tutorials, to multi-day trainings for entire teams
- Collaborate with Project Managers and Partnership leads on a vision for future phases of implementation
- Participate in coordination meetings with core and extended partners to identify synergies
- Prepare project documentation for all stages of project lifecycle with the support of Project Managers
Qualifications:Whether you’re thinking through user training strategies, scoping out technical implementations, collaborating with decision-makers, your process starts with empathy, then ends in a solution you understand well enough to communicate and test. In day-to-day operations you have the resilience to thrive in ambiguous environments, the clarity of communication to build order in chaos, and the self-understanding to know your blind spots and question assumptions. More specifically:
- You are, or are willing, to be based in Maputo
- Experience in the public health space, relevant qualifications (i.e. MPH) would be advantageous
- Some experience employing a data centered skill set that involves training users on data analytics
- You’re not afraid of messy real-world data, and have strived to understand the underlying patterns with R, Excel, SQL, Python or similar tools.
- You’ve worked on projects synthesizing hard analytical insight with holistic understanding of a complex problem space.
- You have a genuine love of technology demonstrated through your academic background, hands-on experience, or adjacent work in design, business, operations, policy, product, or project management.
- You thrive in ambiguity and aren’t afraid of not knowing – you understand how to take one step at a time to work through complex problems.
- You enjoy working with clients and have a customer-centric attitude
Zenysis is an equal opportunity and is committed to assembling a diverse, broadly trained staff. Women, minorities and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.